When mobility becomes difficult, it can be devastating for pets and owners alike. Unfortunately, more than one in 10 dog owners have no idea what symptoms to look for when it comes to mobility. A majority (75%) also believe mobility issues are simply part of the aging process and unpreventable.
Furry Paws encourages dog-owners to look for symptoms of mobility problems by remembering PAWS:
- P is for Posture - Has there been a change in the pup's body shape, strength, or gait?
- A is for Attitude - Has the dog displayed changes in behavior, like suddenly being more aggressive or timid?
- W is for Willingness - Is the dog no longer enthusiastic about going on a walk or participating in playtime?
- S is for Slowing Down - Has the dog seemed to slow down sooner in life than expected?
If pet parents notice any of these signs, they should:
- Visit the vet - A veterinarian can give a professional diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Switch to a healthier diet - A few extra pounds can make a big difference to a pet's health, mobility and overall quality of life, so it may be time to consider cutting back on the treats.
- Get moving - Even older dogs need exercise. Mixing up their routine with a new walking route, new tricks or new games can help keep their minds and bodies stimulated.
- Create a dog-friendly home - Slippery hardwood and tiled floors can put extra strain on dogs' joints. Adding mats, carpeting and tape help give their paws better grips.
- Consider adding Furry Paws SAMe to their pet's daily diet. Vison Nutra has a single uncompromising goal is to deliver the absolute highest-quality nutraceuticals and supplements to every customer at an unsurpassed value.